Church of St Peter, Stanton Lacy


Conservation

A building as old as St Peter’s has from time to time needed repair and conservation work.  Major work was carried out in the 1850s, and there have been lesser repairs in the 150 years since then.  It has fallen to the present generation to undertake some quite significant work. This has been in two parts: The first, in 2001 to2003, involved mainly fixing half of the roof, and associated drainage goods and wall heads.  The second, 2010 to 2013, saw the rest of the roof repaired, together with masonry of the tower and the north transept. 

Grants  

In addition to such funds as we could raise locally, we received much financial aid from the following grant-giving bodies, for which we are most grateful:

The Allchurches Trust

The Church Buildings Council
(The Wolfson Foundation)

English Heritage

The Headley Trust

The Jill Franklin Trust

The Shropshire Historic Churches
Trust

 

Pictorial Review









North Transept Walls

Investigations indicated splaying of the East and West walls, and separation of the inner and outer leaves of the North wall.  That had been exacerbated by weaknesses resulting from the opening that accommodates the North Window.

Repairs included infilling the cavity in the North wall with strongly adhesive grout, and the use of Spiroties to stabilise cracks, particularly at the corners.


























Stanton Lacy PCC has charitable status under the Parochial Church Councils (powers) measure, 1956
Community Web Kit provided free by BT